Sunday, September 6, 2015

maschinen krieger - 1/20 F-BOOT - Introduction to Project


The F-Boot is 1/20. It was produced by T.H.A.T. for Wonder Festival. I picked this fella up from Jason Eaton a few weeks ago. Thanks, Jason. 
I was warned it would need much work. Mostly because the surface details are soft or not straight. If they were crisp, this T.H.A.T F-Boot version would be good enough for me to leave alone. However, since so many areas need work I'll be stripping it down to putty and sculpt a new surface. I'll replace many of the parts and panels attached with new. The work I hope will result in an F-Boot more in line with the Kow's version.


(F-BOOT by Kow Yokoyama. Photo from the book, Maschinen Krieger  Vol. 2) 
(1/20 T.H.A.T. F-BOOT shown along side 1/20 Mel)


(1/20 T.H.A.T. F-BOOT)

(F-BOOT by Kow Yokoyama. Photo from the book, Maschinen Krieger  Vol. 2)


For the sake of staying motivated I hope Hexamodels doesn't announce a 1/20 F-Boot release anytime soon. :)

Now, where to start?


#maschinenkrieger #mak #sf3d #fboot #resintoy #resinmodel #kowyokyama #scalemodel #mecha #jsan9 #2plasticcats