Monday, July 13, 2015

maschinen krieger - A/8 R/8 and SAFS Variant - step 2

Start off with Army Painter Primer - Gun Metal.
If you don't know about this product, it's excellent. It's a very strong enamel primer which locks to
styrene and resin well. A coat of Army Painter Primer will feel dry within 10 minutes after application. However, for maximum results let the paint cure for 24-48 hrs (pending on the humidity). 

Why do I use this primer? Since I use lacquer paint mostly, I have found other primers to "wake" when I apply my first lacquer coat- especially when my paint is very thinned. It also stands up to chipping well. Lastly, it has an extremely subtile texture to it. 

Here's where to get it: http://www.thearmypainter.com/




Step 1. Prime with Army Painter Primer - Gun Metal.

Let primer cure for 24-48 hrs.